XML Primer: Editing and Validating XML in Stylus Studio
The following XML Primer covers editing and validating XML in Stylus Studio and is a great introduction to the many general-purpose XML editing tools and utilities included with Stylus Studio for simplifying working with XML documents. In this XML primer, learn how to automate common XML editing operations, and how to troubleshoot XML documents in this brief, informative video tutorial.
XML Primer: Editing and Validating XML in Stylus Studio covers the following topics:
- Opening XML files in Stylus Studio from the Project Menu and the File Explorer
- Using XML Document Wizards to generate XML documents from CSV, XML Schema and DTD's.
- An overview of synchronized XML editing views in Stylus Studio including text, tree, and the grid view.
- Creating an XML Schema from an XML instance document and associating them together.
- Customimzing fonts and colors in the XML editor
- Using Sense:X intelligent XML editing, including XML-aware syntax-help and code-completion
- Formatting an XML document using the XML indenter and well-formedness checker
- Validating an XML document and using error messages from the XML validator to understanding and fix invalid XML documents
- Adding comments, and processing instructions to your XML document
- Specifying how to handle whitespace in your XML document
- Using the built-in XPath evaluator to execute XPath expressions
- Simplifying the display of an XML document using code folding
- Fixing spelling errors with the XML spell checker