[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

XML Schemas is Cool

• To: "xml-dev@lists.xml.org" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 07:49:53 -0400

XML Schemas is Cool
Hi Folks,

Yesterday I heard someone remark:

If you show 10 people a sentence in a newspaper
     you will get 10 different interpretations of the sentence.

This subjectivity, this inability to agree on anything, this lack of truth and clarity -- it's so squishy.

In the last six months I have gotten interested in mathematics. I never really enjoyed math in school, but now my eyes are open and I see its great beauty. With a few simple axioms and rules, I can create new indisputable truths. No squishiness, no ambiguity.

XML Schemas is similar to math. With a few axioms (i.e., element declarations, attribute declarations, sequences, choices, types) I can create new indisputable definitions of validity. No squishiness, no ambiguity. 

Despite its flaws (verboseness, complicatedness), XML Schemas takes us to the land of objectivity, clarity, and indisputable truths. That's cool. 

I am really excited about XML Schema 1.1. It provides new capabilities for expressing indisputable truths concerning validity.

validity

Validity. What a simple, powerful, and important concept. 

Wow!

/Roger

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.