[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Getting a Technical Publisher

• To: "XML Developers List" <xml-dev@l...>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:46:52 -0400

Re:  Getting a Technical Publisher
Len,

Any reason why you want to use a publisher?  Why not just selfpublish it.  If you have the majority of the material all ready finished, you might be better off self-publishing.  It depends on the topic, but the biggest reason to use a publisher is to get it in the brick and motars, and if it isn't a book for the masses, odds are they are not going to get it in a store.  You can easily self publish (check out the http://Lulu.com), and you stand a good chance at making a lot more money that way.

Don Demsak
http://www.donxml.com

On 4/23/07, Len Bullard <cbullard@h...> wrote:

An offtopic question for anyone who knows:  how does one get a publisher for a technical book?  I'm preparing a lot of tutorial material so maybe it would be good to publish it in print?  I realize that is off topic here, but I have books from authors that hang out here. 

The Wrox Professional Web 2.0 Programming book from van Der List, Ayers, Bruchez, Fawcett, Vernet is in my lap right now.  Nice work, guys, and thank you!)

TIA,

len

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.