Using DataDirect XQuery and Stylus Studio
Struggling with XML and relational data? Learn how Stylus Studio in conjunction with DataDirect XQuery, a powerful Java XQuery component optimized for running XQuery against relational databases, for example, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, Sybase, MySQL, Informix and others, and implements the XQuery API for Java (XQJ).
Using DataDirect XQuery and Stylus Studio covers the following topics:
- Configuring the Java Runtime Environment in Stylus Studio
- An overview of the XQuery Collection Function
- Creating an example XQuery that uses an XQuery collection that is bound to a relational database
- Connecting and Browsing a Relational Database and creating an access URL for that data source using the Stylus Studio URL Builder
- Returning database results in a structured XML format using XML Forrest
- How to select the DataDirect XQuery processor in Stylus Studio's XQuery Scenario Properties window.
- Editing an XQuery file in Stylus Studio and using the XQuery code completion feature.
- Running and saving an XQuery file in Stylus Studio.
- Browsing the XML results retuned from the database through DataDirect XQuery
- Specifying default database-to-XML connection settings.