Troubleshooting FOP Errors
If the transformation works well, but the FOP generates an error, obtain a copy of RenderX's Unofficial DTD for XSL Formatting Objects. You can find this at http://www.renderx.com. Although this DTD is not official (it is more limited than what the W3C XSL recommendation defines), it is a helpful debugging tool.
To validate the generated XML against this DTD:
1. Copy the DTD to a location such as
2. Include a document type declaration, such as the following, in your generated document:
3. Turn off post-processing.
4. Apply the stylesheet.
5. Save the resulting XML document.
6. Open the saved XML document in Stylus Studio.
7. Click Validate Document .