[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: XEXPR

• To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:42:28 -0400

Re:  XEXPR
I'm not very knowledgable of XQueryX, but form I interpret from glancing at the spec.... I would never use this.... Xqib I could see of bring of more use than XQueryX.

I was more so referring to the concept of the syntax to be of add on... As a group of syntax that can be use in xslt and xQuery programing(with or with the angle bracket for a more concise typing choice). It doesn't even have to be adopted into to xslt or xQuery spec; just a reference link to this spec(after revising and editing the current spec of XEXPR).

Example:

XSLT:

<xel:while test="xPath expression[condition]">
    <xel:do>
        <xsl:value-of select="xPath expression" />
    </xel:do>
</xel:while>

<!-- Not the same as a choose-when-otherwise instruction. This will loop. Yes we have the for-each instruction, but this is more of a set deal-->

XQuery:

for $x in (xPath expression)

xel:while (xPath expression[condition])

xel:do (<h1>{expression}</h1>)

(: it's rough, but in hope in just conveying my vision to you :) 

----end of example----

I do not aim to offend xQueryx with my early remark toward it.   

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

E-S4L

> On Jul 28, 2014, at 4:58 PM, "Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
> 
> XQueryX

• References:
    • XEXPR
    • Re: XEXPR

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.