[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: XML-data for defining schemas

• To: "Giorgos Kaltekis" <mcaihgk4@s...>,"xml-dev" <xml-dev@i...>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:17:37 +0200

defining schemas

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xml-dev@i... [mailto:owner-xml-dev@i...]On Behalf Of Giorgos Kaltekis
Sent: Monday, August 02, 1999 7:04 AM
To: xml-dev
Subject: XML-data for defining schemas
Importance: High

I am trying to write my own schemas using the Xml-data schema provided by Microsoft. I use the following lines
<Schema xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data"
  xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">

to refer to the XML-data. When I try to use the validation feature, for example put a string to an element whose type has been declared as an int, I cannot see an error from IE5. Shouldn't I?
No. Validation is switched off when loading an XML document into IE5. You need to create the parser object, set "validateOnParse" to TRUE and then load the document to get the validation working. And this actually only works for document.load, not for document.loadXML.

So, I feel that my schema cannot use the features of the XML-data of Microsoft. HAS ANYBODY USED MICROSOFT'S XML-DATA WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM?
Yes, see above.

If so, HOW?
I would be very glad to hear some opinions, because I am working on my project for the university and it is very urgent to know whether or not I can use the XML-data technology is writing schemas.

Yes, you can, it's just not as easy as it might be. For instance you can use Microsoft's XML notepad and configure it to "validateOnParse". You will then get the validation error you are looking for when loading a document...

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.