Home > Stylus Studio Support Center > Update Stylus Studio > Stylus Studio 2007 R2 Release Notes
Release Notes for Stylus Studio® 2007 XML Enterprise Edition
This document contains information specific to the current release of Stylus Studio® 2007, Build 894m,
as well as all previously released 894 builds. Consult the Stylus Studio Release Notes that are part of the Stylus Studio 2007
installation package for other important information.
Stylus Studio® 2007 Build 894m includes fixes for the following known bugs:
XML Schema Editor
- The cursor was not placed on the proper column when identifying the location of an error (non-wellformed XML, for example) in the XML Editor.
- Stylus Studio crashed if you switched to the Documentation tab in the XML Editor when MSXML 4.0 was not installed.
XQuery and XSLT Mappers
- Performance of the Saxon processors for both XLST and XQuery was improved.
- Values in the Watch and Variables windows in the XSLT Editor did not always appear when using the Saxon processor.
- Stylus Studio did not always preserve the if/then and sequence constructs.
- The Create Copy Links choice on the short-cut menu that appears when dragging a node from the source to the target using the right mouse button did not always respect the node order defined in the target XML Schema.
- Stylus Studio did not always allow you to edit parameters using the tree display for SOAP requests whose elements overrode the default namespace.
- The XML Pipeline deployer did not expand converter URLs relative to the baseURI.
- The XML Converter was not always able to correctly resolve relative paths in XQuery doc() functions when using the DataDirect XQuery processor.
Stylus Studio® 2007 Build 894k includes fixes for the following known bugs:
- The View menu would sometimes not appear after undocking the XPath Query Editor window.
- Stylus Studio would sometimes crash when trying to use the XML Differencing module after using the XPath Query Editor to query an XML document.
- The XML document would sometimes disappear from the Text tab after generating an XML Schema based on that document and then changing to the Schema tab and clicking the Open External Schema button.
- Stylus Studio would sometimes crash when reparsing large (greater than 100Mb) documents to which numerous large document segments had been copied.
- Stylus Studio was unable to register SQLServer connections that used Windows integrated security, preventing tables and views from being used as sources for XQuery.
- The XQuery Mapper did not generate code for Java extension functions that was compatible with the DataDirect XQuery processor.
- Static methods of classes in Java extension functions were not always navigable in the XQuery Mapper if the class was inside a package.
- Certain expressions, like div, created in XQuery Mapper would lose the associated curly braces.
- Stylus Studio was not always able to locate functions in external modules that used updating functions.
- In some situations, Stylus Studio would corrupt the attributes and computed expressions of XML literals used in function calls.
- Stylus Studio mistakenly performed a copy when using drag & drop operation.
- Stylus Studio would sometimes drop assignments made to text nodes when switching from the Mapper to the Text editor.
- The Charset.displayName() method would cause programs, like demo.java, to fail when executed using IBM's JVM with XML Converters for Java.
- Some tables in the IATA dictionary used by the EDI XML Converter were corrupt and missing entries.
- The EDI XML Converter did not support multiple ISA-IEA packages in a single X12 stream.
- The last line of an input file was truncated if it did not contain an end-of-line separator and it was used with an XML Converter defined using fixed-width regions and an end-of-line separator.
- The EDI XML Converter generated an empty error message when a source document being converted to EDI was missing version information or its version segment was in the incorrect location.
- The EDI XML Converter generated an error when converting XML to EDI if the source contained an element where a composite element was expected.
- Stylus Studio would sometimes crash or hang when opening very large files using the Custom XML Conversions graphic user interface.
- The EDI XML Converter closed GROUP_ elements before all subelements were converted to XML if the last segment in the EDI file was mandatory.
Stylus Studio® 2007 Build 894i includes fixes for the following known bugs:
- Stylus Studio Framework The Automatically add the Base Catalog to New Projects setting on the Application Settings page of the Options dialog box was ignored when opening a file for editing.
- XML Editor Saving an XML document from the Text Editor after it had been parsed (for presentation in another editor, like the Tree Editor, for example) would result in the loss of any data not previously saved.
- In certain multi-threaded applications using the DotD XML Converter, the application could crash. In other multi-threaded applications processing data files larger than 1MB with XML Converters for .NET, the application could crash.
- Long error messages from XML Converters for .NET did not always contain proper new line characters.
- When trying to use a StreamSource (Java) or TextReaderSource (.NET) as an input to an XML Converter, Stylus Studio would sometimes generate unclear error messages. Error messages documenting other conditions have been improved as well.
- XMLConverter names were case-sensitive; this is no longer true.
- If the decode= property on the XML Converter for EDI were set to "no," occasionally the comment for the version would still be included in the output.
- Even if newlines between elements were disabled, sometimes one would still erroneously be inserted after the XML declaration in the XML Converters for Java.
- In certain specific cases, the XML Converter for EDI would sometimes generate a Null Pointer Exception when trying to convert well-formed but non-standard EDI.
- The XML Converters now support multiple UNB-UNZ packages in a single EDIFACT stream.
- If you set the group= property for the XML Converters for EDI to yes, the resulting <GROUP> element would sometimes cause an error when converting the XML back to EDI.
- Generated code did not always use Latin characters.
- XQuery using renderX for FO processing would sometimes crash if the deployed application could not locate a valid Saxonica license file.
- Stylus Studio would crash when previewing an XML Pipeline if neither saxon8.jar nor saxon8sa.jar could be located.
- Stylus Studio would crash when generating XSLT code after setting text properties such as Bold, Italic, and Underlined.
- The Underline property on the Text tab of the Properties window was misspelled.
Web Service Call Composer
- If the XPath expression checkbox was selected for a parameter on the Parameter Values page of the Scenario Properties dialog box, then the parameter was not always properly bound if the XSLT used the Stylus Studio built-in or Saxon processor.
- When creating a new XSLT stylesheet using the XSLT Mapper, Stylus Studio did not always correctly create child elements for the <root> element.
- Stylus Studio would sometimes throw an exception if you were processing an XSLT 2.0 stylesheet that used a data type constructor (xs:int(count(//book)), for example).
- Stylus Studio would sometimes crash if you tried to generate Java code for an XSLT file with an invalid structure.
- The xsl:namespace-alias element did not work.
- Stylus Studio did not properly resolve XML Converters used as a source document if the XSLT used the Java built-in processor.
- If an XML Schema embedded in a WSDL document imported a different namespace than that used by the WSDL document, Stylus Studio would generate the wrong XML fragment for the SOAP request.
- If a WSDL document used an XML Schema that overrode the default namespace, Stylus Studio would generate an incorrect SOAP message.
- Stylus Studio would generate an error if a WSDL document used an embedded XML Schema that did not include a target namespace.
- Stylus Studio did not correctly build URLs for SQL Server named instances, preventing their use as data sources in the XQuery Mapper.
- By default, Stylus Studio fully escaped identifiers when using the DataDirect XQuery processor, which sometimes caused an error for SQL identifiers that started with "xml". Stylus Studio now uses a partial escaping heuristic, but you can always change this using the DataDirect XQuery JdbcSqlXmlIdentifierEscaping data source property when specifying the Server URL property in the Connection Settings dialog box (//localhost:1433;sqlXmlIdentifierEscaping=full, for example). See the DDXQDataSource and DDXQJDBCConnection Properties section in the DataDirect XQuery User's Guide and Reference for more information.
- The syntax highlighting in the XQuery Editor would not succesfully refresh, hanging Stylus Studio, if a token in the XQuery exceeded 16kb.
- Stylus Studio would sometimes crash if the default input URL contained an embedded blank space and you used the Saxon processor to preview the XQuery and your Java Virtual Machine (JVM) was 1.6.x.
- XML Schema Stylus Studio would crash if you tried to refresh an open XML Schema that had been deleted on the file system.
- Custom XML Conversions Field widths in fixed-width regions did not always behave as expected when resizing fields by dragging the field separator bar in the Custom XML Conversions Editor.
- Mapper The Mapper tree did not always expand referenced elements defined in another XML Schema file.
- Examples The servlet example in \examples\XQueryWebService failed to run because a subdirectory, web-inf, was required to be in uppercase by Apache Tomcat.