[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Where can I find the XSLT DTD?

Subject: Re: Where can I find the XSLT DTD?
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 14:16:11 -0500
john e. simpson contact
At 07:16 PM 2/3/2000 +0100, Yann Desnoues wrote:
I'll never be able to validate ANY of my XSL doc?

No... unless you do as Lars just suggested, and create an application-specific DTD for use in validating your stylesheet. This can be quite complicated; if XHTML were the result tree's vocabulary, for instance, you'd have to allow for the appearance of just about any XHTML element as a child of just about any XSLT element.

As someone else said, almost no one bothers checking XSLT stylesheets for validity -- well-formedness is all right, as long as the XSLT processor (XT, SAXON, whatever) detects syntax and other XSLT-specific errors. Validity in the XML sense is not critical for XSLT. Actually, I'd guess that absolutely no one bothers to check validity of stylesheets; the "almost" is just a hedge. :)

But may the good question is what to use as an XSL editor?

I use a general-purpose text editor and suspect that may be the norm for others here (can't speak for them of course). I understand that Excelon's/ObjectDesign's commercial package Stylus includes a W3C-compliant XSL editior, but I haven't used it myself. Information is at:
http://www.odi.com/products/excelon_stylus.html

=============================================================
John E. Simpson
simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx
-------------------------------------------------------------
I put contact lenses in my dog's eyes. They had little
pictures of cats on them. Then I took one out and he ran
around in circles.  (Stephen Wright)

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.