Using OASIS XML Catalogs in Stylus Studio
Catalogs in XML applications are used to redirect requests for resources, such as industry standard XML schemas and DTD files, from one location to another. This demonstration describes Stylus Studio's XML catalog support and shows you the different ways you can work with XML catalogs in your Stylus Studio XML projects.
Using OASIS XML Catalogs in Stylus Studio covers the following topics:
- Using Stylus Studio's Base catalog, a collection of over one dozen popular industry catalogs that conform to the OASIS catalog standard, for example, DocBook, MathML, VoiceML, WML, Chemical Markup Language, FIXML, etc.
- Adding catalogs to Stylus Studio projects — Stylus Studio bundles XML Schemas and DTDs from dozens of industry leaders, including the W3C (eg: SVG, XForms, UDDI, etc), Sun, Microsoft, and others, for example.
- Browsing catalog contents — not sure if a certain XML Schema or DTD is appropriate for your application? Browsing catalog contents is so easy, you never have to guess
- Adding catalog references to your XML — once you've found your DTD or XML Schema, it's easy to put it to work
- Validating XML documents against catalog DTDs and schemas — validate your document against any XML Schema or DTD with the click of a button
- Building your own XML catalogs using the User-Defined Catalog Document wizard