[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

output the result of the transformation twice, indente

Subject: output the result of the transformation twice, indented and not indented, without duplicating the code
From: "Wolfhart Totschnig wolfhart.totschnig@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 18:39:23 -0000
 output the result of the transformation twice
Dear list,

I have an XSL stylesheet that produces a large XML document. I would like to output the XML document twice, once indented (for human readability) and once not indented (for faster access by other scripts). I am wondering whether this can be done from within a single stylesheet.

In order to achieve what I want, I could, of course, produce two versions of the stylesheet, one with <xsl:output indent="yes"/> and the other with <xsl:output indent="no"/>, and then run them consecutively. The disadvantage of doing that would be that, if I later want to change the stylesheet, I would have to make the changes twice, which, apart from the additional effort, would be a possible source of errors.

I guess that I could achieve what I want from within a single stylesheet with <xsl:result-document>. But in that case, if I understand correctly, I would have to copy the entire code of the stylesheet into <xsl:result-document>. So the code would, again, be duplicated.

So my question is this: Is there a way to obtain the two versions of the XML document (indented and not indented) without duplicating the code?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,
Wolfhart

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.