[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Configuration file for Saxon

Subject: Re: Configuration file for Saxon
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 10:10:33 -0000
Re:  Configuration file for Saxon
On https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/using-framemaker/user-guide/frm_structauth_sa-xsl-transformation.html there is a FrameMaker config file entry:

SAXON=fminit\XSLT\XSLTProcessors\saxon\SaxonEE9-8-0-7J\saxon9ee.jar,
  net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl, Default

Maybe you can specify a modified jar that contains an overridden TransformerFactoryImpl class that reads your custom configuration. (Disclaimer: I don't have experience with this and I don't know whether the license permits this.)

Gerrit

On 22.10.2021 17:05, rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thank you for the reply Michael. I was hoping for something where: bIf a config file is in a particular location, Saxon will read it automatically.b I will check with the Adobe engineers and see how they call Saxon and see if I have any other options. Thanks again!

*From:* Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Sent:* Friday, October 22, 2021 10:11 AM
*To:* xsl-list <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* Re: Configuration file for Saxon

If the Framemaker application encapsulates Saxon so thoroughly that you don't have any access to any Saxon APIs, then that's a bit of a challenge.

I can think of a possible hack looking at the Saxon 10 code, but no guarantee it will work with any other version:

new Configuration() calls Configuration.init() which calls Version.platform.initialize(this)

Version.platform is public static, and is initialized to /platform /= new net.sf.saxon.java.JavaPlatform();

So you could try loading Saxon before FrameMaker gets a chance to, and statically initialize Version.platform to a subclass of net.sf.saxon.java.Platform that overrides initialize(config) with code that sets properties on the configuration.

It really is a horrible hack, but I can't think of anything better.

Michael Kay

Saxonica

On 22 Oct 2021, at 14:48, rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I am using Saxon EE through another application (Adobe FrameMaker).
    I want to set expandAttributeDefaults="false" for all of my
    transforms in FrameMaker. Since I am not specifying calls to Saxon
    directly, I donbt have the ability to specify a configuration file.
    Is there a way to have a configuration file read by default when
    Saxon is called? Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.

585-729-6746

rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.frameexpert.com/store <http://www.frameexpert.com/store>

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.