[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: How to compare two QName values in an XML Schema?

Subject: Re: How to compare two QName values in an XML Schema?
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 18:14:04 +0200
Re:  How to compare two QName values in an XML Schema?
Costello, Roger L. wrote:
Hi Folks,

Below is an XML Schema, containing two simpleTypes. The second one references the first.

I want an XPath expression that compares the second simpleType's reference to the name of the first simpleType:

/xs:schema/xs:simpleType[1]/@name eq /xs:schema/xs:simpleType[2]/xs:restriction/@base

That returns False. I want it to return True.

I figured the reason it's returning False is because it is comparing the string "elev:BostonAreaSurfaceElevation" against the string "EarthSurfaceElevation". Yes?

I want it to do a comparison of QNames, not strings. So I type-cast the values:

xs:QName(/xs:schema/xs:simpleType[1]/@name) eq xs:QName(/xs:schema/xs:simpleType[2]/xs:restriction/@base)

But that gave me this error:

Casting from xs:unTypedAtomic to xs:QName can never succeed.

Why?

I think the constructor (http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#constructor-qname-notation) only works with a string literal as the argument.

What's the correct way to do the comparison?

With schema-aware processing (using the schema for schemas I guess) you should be able to compare
data(/xs:schema/xs:simpleType[1]/@name) eq data(/xs:schema/xs:simpleType[2]/xs:restriction/@base)
Otherwise you could use
resolve-QName(/xs:schema/xs:simpleType[1]/@name, /xs:schema/xs:simpleType[1]) eq resolve-QName(/xs:schema/xs:simpleType[2]/xs:restriction/@base, /xs:schema/xs:simpleType[2]/xs:restriction)

--

Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.