[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: global language parameter

Subject: Re: global language parameter
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:06:40 +0100
Re:  global language parameter
Charles Muller wrote:

I'm taking my first stab at making a global parameter, through which I'd like to set font attributes for character sets of different languages. I'm using TEI-P5 with XSL 2, and I want my parameter to work with xml:lang.

It tried writing this way:

<xsl:template name="languageWrap">
   <xsl:param name="contents">
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:param>

I am not sure I understand what you want to achieve without seeing the input XML and the output you want to create but your text above says "making a global" parameter while here you are defining a parameter that is local to your template named "languageWrap".

A global parameter is defined as a child of the xsl:stylesheet element, not inside of a template, and is used to allow to pass in a value to the transformation that can be changed each time the transformation is run.

<xsl:choose>
     <xsl:when test="@xml:lang='sa'">

You might want to use the 'lang' function http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath/#function-lang e.g.
<xsl:when test="lang('sa')">
as that way you could check for the language defined on the context node or an ancestor while your check with @xml:lang only checks the context node.

<span style="font-family: 'Times Ext Roman'">
         <xsl:copy-of select="$contents"/>
       </span>
     </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="@xml:lang='zh'">
       <span style="font-family: Mincho,MingLiU, Batang, Simsun">
       </span>
    <xsl:when test="@xml:lang='ko'">
       <span style="font-family: Batang, BatangChe">
       </span>
     <xsl:otherwise>
     </xsl:otherwise>
   </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

But nothing happens in the generated HTML--there are no <span> tags generated at all in the document. Any suggestions as to what I should be looking for here?

Show us some context where you call the above template and where we can see what the context node is and which xml:lang value it has.

--

Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.