[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: stylesheet expansion

Subject: Re: stylesheet expansion
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:21:16 +0100
Re:  stylesheet expansion
Hi Abel,

Thanks for answering

I assume you'd want the expanded stylesheet to obey the import precedence rules?

Correct, and I know it is not trivial and I am not sure this can be done with a stylesheet I assume there is some complex processing involved

If you know of one specific set where the precedence is apparent (i.e., only on the / match, and the rest is inside the modes you mention), perhaps an if/when like construct in your main concatenated stylesheet would suffice.

I was already thinking in those terms I just have to drop all the serialization information and deal with the templates with match="/" ... I could simply not copy them over

I just wanted to make sure there isn't a simple tool available somewhere
(I could always try to compile the stylesheet)

May I ask why you want them all together? It seems to me that separate logical units is a better approach than one big stylesheet.

Correct, I will maintain them separately of course,
but my customer has to fit the chain in, in an application that is not to be touched.
I will deliver in seperate stylesheets, but I would like to have some backup if the importing should fail, caused by path issues eg.
(I have no control over the execution environment)

cheers

Geert

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.