[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Dreamweaver XSL Tranforms

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver XSL Tranforms
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 07:38:26 -0400
Re:  Dreamweaver XSL Tranforms
On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 07:02:50 -0400, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mark Anderson wrote:
I'm using Xselerator for debugging, but don't like it at all (UI is
horrible and it seems pretty buggy).

Anyone got another suggestion for editors/debuggers,

I can highly recommend Eclipse + oXygen (http://www.oxygenxml.com/), it is fully XSLT 2.0 compatible (with Saxon), supports XML Catalog, XQuery, and XSL-FO and much more, is an (XSLT) debugger, syntax-highlighter, has its own environment (but I use it as plugin in Eclipse), does code-sense (dropdown with suggestions while you type) and give extensive help on each entry while you type. What I find very handy is the static error checking while I type.

Easy one-click run against any XSLT processor, or XSL-FO processor or both and much more. It has some smaller bugs but all-in-all it is very stable (the staff has fast response to inquiries). But I am writing a rave review here, perhaps this is not the place... :)

I agree with what you say about about oXygen. Great tool and great company.

I personally do not like to use it in eclipse, mainely because all functionanlity of the standalone editor cannot be reproduced (right now I am thinking of 'Find All').

What I really like is that I can use the same license for my Apple, Windows and Linux boxes.

best,
-Rob

oXygen is just one of them, others will favor others, I am sure.

Cheers,
-- Abel

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.