[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: How do I convert the use of onclick in HTML to wor

Subject: Re: How do I convert the use of onclick in HTML to work in XSLT?
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:52:43 -0500
cdml onclick
Hi Mark,

This site has been working with frames using Filemaker Pro 6 and HTML. When I converted it to XSLT (or rather when the CDML Converter from Filemaker converted it), it complained about the onclick so I deleted that part. However, now I can't get it to work without the onclick. It probably is not connected, but I didn't have anything else to blame for the failure.

I looked into XSLT processors, but need one that works on a Mac. Will followup with the ones that I downloaded the other day and see what happens. Thanks.

Shirley

Shirley, you might want to consider using CSS to mimic the functionality of frames. I tried to do something like what you are wanting to do but gave up trying to use frames because I was stuck with using MSXML which doesn't have an extension function for producing multiple output documents. So unless you are certain that you are in a position to be able to use an XSLT processor such as Saxon to achieve this, you might want to consider other options.

You haven't stated whether you want to have frames generated dynamically or whether you would produce static HTML files behind the scenes.

Also, if you plan on publishing this on the web, keep in mind that not every client browser will be able to process something like this dynamically, so you'll want to either stick to static HTML files or have the webserver do the XML processing.

Mark

Shirley Gasch wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the list and to XSLT (but I am learning). I had the following html that worked on a site with two frames. This was in the default.html:

<FRAMESET COLS="16%,64%" FRAMEBORDER=1>
<FRAME SRC="WaiverNav.htm" NAME=a MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 FRAMEBORDER=1 title="Naviagation Area">
<FRAME SRC="WaiverHome.htm" NAME=b MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 FRAMEBORDER=1 title="ESMO Configuration Modification Request Home Page">
</FRAMESET>

On the default.xsl, it is the following:

<frameset cols="16%,64%" frameborder="1">
<frame src="waivernav.xsl" name="a" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="1" title="Navigation Area"/>
<frame src="waiverhome.xsl" name="b" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="1" title="ESMO Configuration Modification Request Home Page"/>
</frameset>

Below is the html that used onclick (in waivernav.html) to put the target frame in the right-hand frame:

<TD ALIGN=center id=srch abbr="Search for a CMR">
<P><INPUT TYPE=button NAME=SearchSyLg VALUE="Search CMRs " onclick="window.top.b.location.href='FMPro?-db=WebWaivers.fp5&-lay=Normal&-format=WaiverSearch.htm&-view';return true;"></P>
</TD>

In the XSLT, I am using many forms to get buttons to work to make the target pags to work properly with Filemaker Pro. Below is one of the forms used with a button:

<form method="post" name="SearchforCMR"><xsl:attribute name="action">waiversearch.xsl</xsl:attribute>

<p><input type="hidden" name="-db" value="WebWaivers"/>
<input type="hidden" name="-lay" value="Normal"/>
<input type="hidden" name="-token.error" value="search_error.xsl"/>
<input type="Submit" name="-view" value="Search"/>

</p> </form>

I have tried many different things, but can't figure out where to put onclick to do the same thing in xsl (the pages always wind up taking up the whole page) or whether there is some other way to do this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Shirley Gasch

-- Shirley Gasch Phone: (301) 794-2164 Computer Sciences Corporation Fax: (301) 794-8355 7700 Hubble Drive, Rm N384 Lanham/Seabrook, Md. 20706 email: sgasch@xxxxxxx

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.