[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

XSL-FO: Suppressing Header on First Page of Chapter

Subject: XSL-FO: Suppressing Header on First Page of Chapter
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:44:23 -0700
xsl fo page header
Hey folks,

I'm trying to create a book-quality PDF, including headers, running footers, odd and even pages, etc. I've been stumped by one problem however, so I'm requesting some advice.

At the beginning of each chapter (which is on a new page), I have a large-font title on it. On these pages (and only these pages), I want to suppress the header section (as you often see in published books). I searched Google and couldn't find anything directly relevant.

I'm not exactly sure how what approach to take with this. I could use a new page-sequence, but I'm not sure how I'd call it just for the one page. Alternatively, I was thinking there may be a way to suppress it with a xsl:if when displaying the header, but I have no idea what sort of condition to use.

A short example of my XML is as follows:

<div1>
  <div2 title="Chapter 1">
    <p>...</p>
  </div2>
  <div2 title="Chapter 2">
    <p>...</p>
  </div2>
  <div2 title="Chapter 3">
    <p>...</p>
  </div2>
</div1>

And my main p.s.m. (which generates all the content):

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="body">
<fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
<fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="BodyRight" odd-or-even="odd" />
<fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="BodyLeft" odd-or-even="even" />
</fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

Obviously, those div2 elements would generate numerous pages each. I can provide some more XSL if that would be helpful, but it didn't see that as necessary at this point.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide,
Jordan D.

BTW, I'm using FOP 0.20.5

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.