[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

XSLT newbie looking for an easy to use processor (java

Subject: XSLT newbie looking for an easy to use processor (java)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:58:09 +0100 (CET)
processor java
I'm new to this list so first off: Hi everybody :-)
As the topic already states I'm looking for an easy to use XSLT processor (in Java), it doesn't have to be very smart or anything, here's a brief description of what I want to use it for:
I want to pass an XML string and a corresponding XSLT description to it, which is used to sort of parse the XML string. The XML string will contain a number of items/elements (like name, phone and so on) and there are a number of XSLT descriptions, one for each parameter, to sort of crop the string so it will only contain the needed parameter. So all I need is a XSLT processor which is easy to use, accepts an XML string for input and returns another string as a result.
(Additionally :
In case the result of an XSL transformation should contain more than just one item it should be possible to define a delimiter for the result string so I can distinguish the items (I can't think of an appropriate example ... let's say there are two items called "Name" in the XML string ;P)

As I mentioned in the headline I really don't know much about XSLT (I'm working on it though) so I hope you can help me out on this :) 

regards

Chriss

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.