[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

interactive: calling CGIs using document("") function

Subject: interactive: calling CGIs using document("") function
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:00:06 -0500
calling cgis
I'm actually writing an interactive server-side application using XSLT (on axkit platform, though it could be cocoon too) where I pass back parameters in the URL and receive in the params of the stylesheet, much like many CGIs operate.

One thing I want to do with the parameters is potentially add one of them into a file, and I think I will try to do this using the document call. My idea is that the XSLT will have something like this:

<xsl:param name="some_input"/>

<xsl:value-of select="document('http://localhost/foo/bar.cgi?input={$some_input}')"/>

Where /foo/bar.cgi is some CGI (could be XSLT too of course!) that will take the input parameter and add it to a file and return perhaps simply a yes or a no answer as the output something like this:
<foo_bar_result>OK</foo_bar_result>

Since I'm using a pipeline I can then have a look at the result in the next stage of the pipeline to see if it worked!

I didn't find this in the XSLT FAQ so I thought I'd post it. Thoughts?

I am also a little concerned about security too.

Simon

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.