[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Integrating Multiple Stylesheets and XSL transformatio

Subject: Integrating Multiple Stylesheets and XSL transformations
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:50:48 +0000
xslt multiple stylesheets
All,

I am looking for a way to produce an integrated environment which utilizes a series of xsl transformations over a single xml document to produce a compact, browsable view.

For example, in a typical HTML layout, I might have something like this:

+------+-----------------+
|      |      path       |
|      +-----------------+
|      |                 |
| menu |                 |
|      |      data       |
+------+-----------------+

If my xml was of the format: <obj label="top"> <obj label="sub1"> <obj label="sub11"> <obj label="sub12"></obj> <obj label="sub2"/> <obj label="sub3"> <obj label="sub31"> <obj label="sub32"> <obj label="sub33"></obj> <obj label="sub4"/></obj>

I might want to see the end result of the menu:
 - sub1
     sub11
     sub12
   sub2
 - sub3
     sub31
     sub32
     sub33
   sub4

If I am at sub32, the path would look like:

top -> sub3 -> sub32

And the data would contain information about sub32.

Each of the items above would also contain hyperlinks with a script that updates the other views (i.e. clicking on sub3 on the menu would update the data and path portions).

I am looking for an example of this type of integration.

I have been working backwards at this point, and I already have individual xsl files that can easily translate a given .xml file into the desired output. But I'm a little lost as to how to integrate the xsl files into one cohesive environment.

If anyone has done this type of an integration or knows of a place I can start learning more about it, I would love to learn more about how it was done.

Thanks!
bix

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.