[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Adding/Coercing a Namespace

Subject: RE: Adding/Coercing a Namespace
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:49:52 -0800
msxml namespacemanager
I had perviously tried to emulate the XMLNamespaceManager in the .net framework, for those of you that know about that.

I put the following in my source:

<namespaceManager>
	<cs:para/>
</namespaceManager>

I then had a template in transform 1 that was expecting namespaceManager. I think that I just copied the whole thing over. Maybe If I'd applied templates, I might have had more luck.

I'll experiment a little more with your suggestions.

I haven't done any work with XSLT2 yet. I guess I'd better start that. From everything I've heard or read, it sounds like it will solve a lot of common problems, particularly for those of us that have been using XSLT since the start.

Thanks much,

Rich

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 9:34 AM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I guess that I could add a fake template in an included transform that 
> included some elements in the myNs namespace. Might that coerce the 
> namespace in the way that I want?

XSLT2 has an xsl:namespace instruction for making namespace nodes explictly (if microsoft has an xslt2 implementation???:-)

the methods of doing this in xslt1 are 

just add an attribute somewhere in that namespace.
this gives a spurious attribute but causes the namespace node to be added.

If that is not acceptable you can use <xsl:copy to copy a namespace node from the source or stylesheet this is I think the situation you are in so you can <xsl:copy select="namespace:*"/> from the source and get the namespaces copied over.

Failing that, if the namespace is not in the source, you have to make a result tree fragment in a variable with an element in that namespace, use msxml:node-set to get a node set and then use taht node set to copy the namespace node as above.

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.