[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

B Re: XSL and Xalan

Subject: B Re: XSL and Xalan
From: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (by way of MulberryTechnologies List Owner)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:12:00 -0400
xalan writer
From: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <david_n_bertoni@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:30:30 -0700

You should subscribe to the Xalan-C user list and post your questions
there:

http://xml.apache.org/mail.html

There is a sample in the Xalan distribution called StreamTransform which
shows how you can transform to a memory buffer.  Your code is not the way
to do it, as you are asking a potentially non-existent Writer to write to a
one character buffer.

Dave

"Joseph Mueller"                                                                                                          
                      <joseph_mueller@hotmail.           To:      XSL-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                               
                      com>                               cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)                                          
                      Sent by: owner-xsl-                Subject:  XSL and Xalan                                                           
                      list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                  
                      com                                                                                                                       

08/07/2002 01:39 PM                                                                                                       
                      Please respond to xsl-list                                                                                                

I hope this post is acceptable.  I apologize in advance if it does not
belong here.

I am using the Xalan C parser to do my XML/XSL transformations.  I can
transform to a File with no problem.  What I need to do is get the
XalanResultTarget converted into a string.  Here's what I have done to do
that where "xmlOut" is the XalanResultTarget and theWriter is Xalan's
writer
class.

char * str = "";
   Writer * theWriter = xmlOut.getCharacterStream();
   //THE NEXT LINE CRASHES THE APPLICATION
   theWriter->write( str, 0, theWriter->npos);

Whatever I'm doing crashes because I am "unable to read the memory".  Is
there another way to get my transformed XSL/XML into a 'string'?

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread
  • B Re: XSL and Xalan
    • by way of MulberryTechnologies List Owner - Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:15:00 -0400 (EDT) <=

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.