[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

[XSL] Custom DocumentHandler in XT

Subject: [XSL] Custom DocumentHandler in XT
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:26:47 -0600
lajos moczar
Hi all:

I've got a little reporting servlet that makes the result set from a database query look like a SAX parser. I feed this output to XT (XSLProcessor object) so I can get HTML out (creating a OutputMethodHandler for the XSLProcessor whose destination is set to the servlet response output). Now when I want to get WML instead, I find that there is no DocumentHandler in XT for WML. Hence, the media-type is never set to text/vnd.wap.wml, and hence my phone can't read the output. I found a posting in the archives where someone created his own copy of XMLOutputHandler so that it would set the correct media-type for WML. Problem is, I don't know how he did it. I've tried several things, but I can't get it to work. Has anyone else done this? Is there perhaps an easier way?

Moreover, I also want to use FOP stylesheets. I've used FOP (mostly with Cocoon), put I can't figure out how I might use it just like I'm using XT. I'd like to have another DocumentHandler, but I don't think that is how FOP was intended to be used. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Lajos Moczar
Galatea IS Inc.

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.