[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

how to pass xsl-parameter with clientside processing?

Subject: how to pass xsl-parameter with clientside processing?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:28:44 +0200
xsl parameter
Hi,

does anyone know how to pass a stylesheet parameter from a html-form to a xml-document and xsl-stylesheet wich are processed on the clientside (using Internet Explorer 5/ MSXML3) ??? 

I know how to handle this with a web-server which can process XML, but this is no option in this case ("traveling salesman" with a standalone notebook)

Problem description:
The XML is a static file with product descriptions, in which the user can search. I have created a HTML page with a FORM in which the user can enter a search text. The form action is the xml-document:

<form action="produkten.xml" method="post">

The xsl-stylesheet contains a xsl:param with the search criterium. The problem is that i can't find how to set the stylesheet parameter with MSXML !!!  (the transformation itself works o.k., but all products are shown)

I have tested the xsl-stylesheet from the DOS-prompt with James Clark's XT processor and the selection mechanism is working fine, but every xsl-processor seems to work differently with passing stylesheet parameters...

thanks, Bart 

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.