[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: apply-templates and Ful XML Path

Subject: Re: apply-templates and Ful XML Path
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 14:19:43 -0400
ful html templates for free
At 01:25 PM 5/16/2000 -0400, Matthew Cordes wrote:
<xsl:template match="/">
     <!-- ** this doesn't work, but it should, right? ** -->
     <xsl:apply-template select="ChildOfRoot"/>

I don't know what your input document looks like. But remember that match="/" doesn't match the root ELEMENT, but the root NODE. This is the abstract thing which contains everything in the document (including the prolog e.g.). The root NODE has only one child, the root ELEMENT; based on your line:
<xsl:apply-template select=/ROOTNODE/AnotherChildofRoot"/>
that one child is, I would guess, the ROOTNODE element. So in order to make your plain old "ChildOfRoot" select statement work, you'd need a template rule which matches not on "/", but on "/ROOTNODE".

HTH.

================================================================ John E. Simpson | "I hate it when my foot falls asleep http://www.flixml.org | during the day because that means it's simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx | going to be up all night." (Steven Wright)

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.