[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home]
[Reply To This Message]
Re: [Sax-devel] Re: SAX survey: expected local name for non-namespace qu
- To: "David Brownell" <david-b@p...>,"Arnaud Le Hors" <lehors@u...>,"Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@s...>
- Subject: Re: [Sax-devel] Re: SAX survey: expected local name for non-namespace qualified elements
- From: "Rob Lugt" <roblugt@e...>
- Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 21:14:55 +0100
- Cc: <xerces-j-dev@x...>,<sax-devel@l...>,<xml-dev@l...>
- References: <" <126.96.36.199.J.20020528113123.044b18f8"@localhost><188.8.131.52.J.20020528184428.024936f8@localhost><3CF4DA2A.9010006@t...><firstname.lastname@example.org><3CF5456C.4040108@p...><3CF559FB.9050008@u...><OF14B5085A.90DE2214-ON86256BCA.00592DAC@r...><3CF7CC84.1050305@u...> <184.108.40.206.20020602101233.00a3fe58@p...>
Simon St.Laurent wrote
> In the interest of application portability, I'd recommend requiring
> reporting the name of the element as localName when namespace processing
> turned off.
FWIW, I Agree. I think of the local name as being the name of the element,
minus the namespace prefix (if any). When namespace processing is disabled,
there is no prefix - so localName should be equal to the literal name of the
PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!
Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!
Download The World's Best XML IDE!
Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!
Subscribe in XML format
Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats,
enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.
Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website.
they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please