[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home]
[Reply To This Message]
SV: W3C's five new XQuery/Xpath2 working drafts - Still missi
- To: "Massimo Marchiori" <massimo@w...>,<xml-dev@l...>
- Subject: SV: W3C's five new XQuery/Xpath2 working drafts - Still missing Updates
- From: "Jens Jakob Andersen, PDI" <jens.jakob.andersen@p...>
- Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 17:54:02 +0100
- Importance: high
- Priority: Urgent
- Thread-index: AcGKhwtsB9BnshbnSZCncMOh6CC0vQBSwg6Q
- Thread-topic: Announcement: W3C's five new XQuery/Xpath2 working drafts
I see to my dismiss, that XQuery is STILL missing Updates.
Until the language start to think about updates and inserts in the
context that we know from the rest or the DBMS world, XQuery will be
nothing more than a fancy text retrieval query language.
I find that XQuery, coming from the document world very much forgets
about the database world, and this is one of the largest inhibitors of
PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!
Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!
Download The World's Best XML IDE!
Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!
Subscribe in XML format
Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats,
enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.
Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website.
they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please