[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home]
[Reply To This Message]
Re: [Summary, VERSION #3] Media type (MIME) of XML in MS Word?
- To: "Michael Kay" <mike@s...>
- Subject: Re: [Summary, VERSION #3] Media type (MIME) of XML in MS Word? in Notepad? when compressed? etc
- From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@g...>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:52:52 +0200
- Cc: "Rick Marshall" <rjm@z...>, "Costello, Roger L." <costello@m...>, xml-dev@l...
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=lAg13DgM2BceCOOlqdz3RaUPIi8VT47di4n3Cwl3Um0RWx98D9am3MZ8n3f7LViR19bvOqE8QV9csd4A5m97qHPiBit+OJvCWE1Vkz9ykskKk2eXDlfuBHKeADuq+myfkRqWDt6kTiJ/itpWdAWRnyA1LG2Yz95ge9PcR7SYxaQ=
- In-reply-to: <005901c69051$0bc5c920$6401a8c0@turtle>
- References: <4490AAF4.4060804@z...> <005901c69051$0bc5c920$6401a8c0@turtle>
> For example, how does a MIME type capture which version of Word
> is needed to open a file?
I would think the versioning of a type should be handled by the
application executing the verb upon that type, thus doing versioning
of Word would be dependent on the application having an algorithm for
how it deals with versions of the types it deals with. I think this
would be a cleaner way to handle the problem, especially as the
versioning rules of different types would probably also differ.
PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!
Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!
Download The World's Best XML IDE!
Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!
Subscribe in XML format
Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats,
enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.
Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website.
they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please