[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home]
[Reply To This Message]
Re: What is the difference between XSD and DTD
- To: XML Developers List <xml-dev@l...>
- Subject: Re: What is the difference between XSD and DTD
- From: Michael Champion <michaelc.champion@g...>
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:04:50 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=BKZUetKzqkhggVAtTbhEowXPTKGZ60AzLSywlA+NqWm9n8RXdc2x12Lu37fVY/EG1KRMJ2QOOC820zu9oob3NVC+VDChtok0XjC0OmeCfq0h/mNfVKP4k9Pe+sAlfLEFqODLVa5Q53lUKYj25hSx/+Gn6flmY81PVR6/RkRWUV4=
- In-reply-to: <20050427213929.16506.qmail@m...>
- References: <20050427213929.16506.qmail@m...>
- Reply-to: Michael Champion <michaelc.champion@g...>
On 4/27/05, Saha Rabindra N <saha.rn@m...> wrote:
> By "cross validate" I mean :
>... Because DTD is defined in same XML document itself
> and DTD itself is not a separate doc as opposed to XSD.
I'm thinking that by "cross-validate" he means to use an inline DTD or
schema that is an integral part of the instance document. That is one
thing that DTDs do (or rather the internal subset allows) that XSD
cannot do well or in a standard way. The Microsoft XML tools support
this, but there are conceptual issues as well as interoperability
problems. See the thread starting at
for more information.
PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!
Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!
Download The World's Best XML IDE!
Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!
Subscribe in XML format
Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats,
enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.
Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website.
they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please