[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home]
[Reply To This Message]
Re: Is an XQuery Document an XML Document?
- To: "Roger L. Costello" <costello@m...>, xml-dev@l...
- Subject: Re: Is an XQuery Document an XML Document?
- From: "Sergio J. Rodriguez M." <srodriguez142857@y...>
- Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:46:55 -0600 (CST)
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=AiVb7bvbZWwRREGsoPQaqv54iOntm2hJebgbSkVITq8XS+0jJuVkOt1ktNFsRfx6SMQAEY7tfHwWchdG+/hqqO79ubRm1XhyweYbXxyhhWNx4bSomAYD4D7IvD/tP4yjzho1+UWDLwn/KYin2Ilc72l41cdWG+UBCEQi/e01mpI= ;
- In-reply-to: <200411281506.iASF6ra06489@s...>
- Reply-to: srodriguez142857@y...
I'm no expert on this field (XQuery), but AFAIK there is no such thing like "XQuery document": XQuery is an expression and functional language, who evaluate expressions. For example:
3 + 5
Is a full XQuery expression that an XQuery parser can evaluate. In fact, a "XQuery document" is a XQuery expression that may consist of other expressions.
A XQuery expression may evaluate to an XML document (well-formed of course), but still, it can evaluate just to a chunk of bytes (string)...
Anyway, your point of view is very interesting.
"Roger L. Costello" <costello@m...> wrote:
So, you might conclude, "A fundamental rule in XML is that the "<" symbol
is reserved and must be escaped. XQuery does not heed this rule.
Therefore, an XQuery document is not an XML document."
Okay, I give up. Which is it? XML or not? If it's not XML then why
is it called "XML Query Language"? /Roger
Do You Yahoo!?
http://net.yahoo.com.mx: La mejor conexión a internet y 25MB extra a tu correo por
PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!
Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!
Download The World's Best XML IDE!
Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!
Subscribe in XML format
Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats,
enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.
Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website.
they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please