Peter Murray-Rust wrote: >One design goal (4 in spec) is that it should be "easy to write programs >which process XML documents". If that is interpreted that it is "easy to >write software that processes *all* XML documents, throwing errors wherever >one is required", then that goal is already lost. For example, James Clark >has come up with about 140 carefully incorrect XML documents for testing >parsers. DavidM has said that AElfred spots 80% of them, but that the other >20% would increase AElfred's size and decrease its speed. To be pedantic, this shows only that it is difficult to write software that correctly processes all non-XML documents. For a great many purposes, I don't care what the software does with a non-XML document because I don't intend to generate such things in the first place. But I do think it is important that correct XML documents are processed correctly. Mike Kay xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev@i... Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo@i... the following message; (un)subscribe xml-dev To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo@i... the following message; subscribe xml-dev-digest List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@i...)
PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!
Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!
Download The World's Best XML IDE!
Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!
Subscribe in XML format