EDI to XML Conversion — Part 1
The EDI to XML Conversion module is a powerful graphical tool that helps you convert EDI documents to XML and create custom conversion definitions for non-standard EDI documents. Easily convert hundreds of EDI standard dialects and message types like EDIFACT, HL7, and X12 to XML, or create custom conversion definitions for non-standard EDI documents.
This online video tutorial, part one of two that highlight features of the EDI to XML Conversion module, shows you how to convert an X12 EDI document to XML, and how to use tools in the EDI to XML Conversion editor to modify the XML output.
EDI to XML Using Stylus Studio EDI to XML Conversion Module, Part 1, covers the following topics:
- Using the EDI to XML module to convert an X12 EDI document to XML
- Viewing the EDI dialect repository
- Error-checking source EDI documents
- Using the EDI structure pane to view the current EDI dialect and message structure
- Changing properties for EDI segments and transaction messages
- Using backmapping to view EDI structure and EDI source
- Creating a SEF (Standard Exchange Format) file
- Previewing XML conversions
- Customizing XML output