Subject:kepp your settings on X15 update Author:Kurt Wald Date:07 Dec 2012 10:31 AM
When updating to Stylus X15 you might want to keep the settings from your previous installation. The following works for an update from X14 to X15 but might not work for older versions depending on their registry key structure.
1. open regedit
2. navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stylus Studio
3. right click on the version to import the settings from e.g. X14 Release 2 XML Enterprise Suite
4. select export and save settings to a .reg file
5. install X15
6. repeat steps 1-4 for X15 XML Enterprise Suite (or your edition)
7. open the previously exported X14 reg file in a text editor. The second line should read like [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stylus Studio\X14 Release 2 XML Enterprise Suite].
8. open the previously exported X15 reg file in a text editor. The second line should read like [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stylus Studio\X15 XML Enterprise Suite].
9. replace all ocurrences of the characters behind the last backslash and before the closing bracket in X14.reg with the corresponding ones from X15.reg in our example replace X14 Release 2 XML Enterprise Suite by X15 XML Enterprise Suite
10. save the result under a different.reg filename.
11. double click on the .reg file from the previous step or right click and select the first entry from the context menu to import the settings into the registry.
12. restart X15 and your settings should be there.
Keep your X15 reg file from step 6 incase you want to be able to revert the procedure.