XML Editor
Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search More Options... Options
Chat Rooms Chat Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Postnext
priby mathewSubject: Call to extension function failed : http://exslt.org/strings
Author: priby mathew
Date: 14 Feb 2008 04:22 AM
Hi all,

I have an application (deployed in tomcat and using xalan processor) that does the xsl transformation.

But when I use the following lines in my xsl, it gives the error as "Call to extension function failed : http://exslt.org/strings"

code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:str="http://exslt.org/strings" xmlns:math="http://exslt.org/math" xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java">
..
..

<xsl:variable name="testArray">
<xsl:value-of select="str:tokenize($usageCategory,'%!')"/>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:message>
<xsl:value-of select="$testArray[1]"/>
</xsl:message>
..
..
</xsl:stylesheet>

---------------------------------------------------------------------



I also tried adding the xalan.jar to classpath of tomcat. But still the same error is thrown.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
priby

Posttop
Alberto MassariSubject: Call to extension function failed : http://exslt.org/strings
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 14 Feb 2008 08:05 AM
Hi priby,
double check if the Tomcat installation is using Xalan as processor; I tried running this stylesheet

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:str="http://exslt.org/strings">
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:variable name="testArray" select="str:tokenize('a%b!c','%!')"/>

<xsl:value-of select="$testArray[1]"/>,
<xsl:value-of select="$testArray[2]"/>,
<xsl:value-of select="$testArray[3]"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

with Stylus Studio, using the 'Java built-in' processor (i.e. Xalan), and it worked fine.

Alberto

 
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Download A Free Trial of Stylus Studio 6 XML Professional Edition Today! Powered by Stylus Studio, the world's leading XML IDE for XML, XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, DTD, XPath, WSDL, XHTML, SQL/XML, and XML Mapping!  
go

Log In Options

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Stylus Scoop XML Newsletter:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2016 All Rights Reserved.