Subject:Disappearing message contents on SSDN Author:Matthew Fadoul Date:03 Oct 2007 05:47 PM
I'm a new user, and I've posted a couple times on SSDN. Here's the scenario that is a bit problematic for me:
1) I log in to SSDN.
2) I click to post on a thead.
3) I type my heart away.
4) I click the little "post" button.
5) SSDN prompts me to log in (again). I enter my user name and password.
6) I'm sent to the SSDN top page, looking at the forums.
7) I check to see if my post was submitted...it wasn't.
8) I use my browser's "back" button to get back to the submission page. My text is gone.
At this point, I open notepad and start typing my post again...
Any thoughts? I understand why the browser won't keep the text. I'm actually more frustrated by the fact that I'm prompted to log in again, when the window seems to indicate that I'm already logged in. I'm going to stick to notepad editing for now. Any further ideas/advice?
Subject:Disappearing message contents on SSDN Author:Matthew Fadoul Date:03 Oct 2007 09:46 PM
I confirmed the my IE accepts cookies from the Stylus Studio website. It seems a little more like a quick timeout issue than a cookie issue, since I can go from page to page without losing my session. At first, it reminded me of the quick session timeouts that bank account websites use to protect their customers.
Things seem to be OK now, so maybe my computer had a 24-hour flu. :)
I'll post more if it happens again and/or I can find the culprit.