XML Editor
Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search More Options... Options
Chat Rooms Chat Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Postnext
Jose Alberto CoronadoSubject: Studio Studio crashes
Author: Jose Alberto Coronado
Date: 05 Jul 2004 05:50 AM
Hello, I have a problem with a query.
The query is this:

let $aņoMin := min(/nacimiento/nacido/fecha/anno)
let $meses := /nacimiento/nacido/fecha[anno = $aņoMin]/mes
let $mesMin := min($meses)
let $diaMin := /nacimiento/nacido/fecha[anno = $aņoMin and
mes = $mesMin]/dia[1]/text()
return
<nacimiento>
<nacido>
<atributo>nacido antes de</atributo>
<fecha>
<dia>{$diaMin}</dia>
<mes>{$mesMin}</mes>
<anno>{$aņoMin}</anno>
</fecha>
</nacido>
</nacimiento>

The problem is that when I execute the query, Excelon Stylus Studio closes and the typical
error message of Windows XP apperas.
I have tried to execute the XQuery with several versions of stylus studio but it always
crashes. Anybody knows the cause of this problem?

Thanks.

Postnext
Alberto MassariSubject: Studio Studio crashes
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 05 Jul 2004 07:38 AM
Hi Jose,
I have tried running the query using version 5.3 and it did
not crashed, but I didn't have the source XML file.
Can you try running the query using an empty scenario?
If it doesn't crash I would like to see the XML source you
are using; if it still crashes it could be because of the "ņ"
character, expecially if you wrote the query file using a
different editor than Stylus (this because Stylus assumes the
query file to be saved in the UTF-8 encoding).
In the latter case you could try either saving the query in the
original editor using UTF-8, or rewrite it inside Stylus Studio.

Let me know how it works,
Alberto

Postnext
Jose Alberto CoronadoSubject: Studio Studio crashes
Author: Jose Alberto Coronado
Date: 05 Jul 2004 09:40 AM
Ok alberto, I will try it and I tell you if it works. Thanks

Postnext
Jose Alberto CoronadoSubject: Studio Studio crashes
Author: Jose Alberto Coronado
Date: 06 Jul 2004 03:47 AM
Hello again, I still have the problem with the Query.

I have tried running the query changing the 'ņ' character by 'n' and it crashes, so it is not the error.
I have also tried running the query using an empty scenario and it doesn't crash.
This is the source XML:

<nacimiento>
<nacido>
<atributo>nacido antes de</atributo>
<fecha>
<dia>05</dia>
<mes>08</mes>
<anno>1667</anno>
</fecha>
<fuente>c:\oshi\doc\notarial\arrendamientos\3160p-05-08-1667-04-211r.214v.xml</fuente>
</nacido>
<nacido>
<atributo>nacido antes de</atributo>
<fecha>
<dia>12</dia>
<mes>09</mes>
<anno>1661</anno>
</fecha>
<fuente>c:\oshi\doc\notarial\arrendamientos\2741p-12-09-1661-04-279r-282v.xml</fuente>
</nacido>
</nacimiento>


I have no idea about the cause of the error, because, actually, there is no error message, only the Stylus studio is closed. Can you help me? Thanks

Postnext
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: Studio Studio crashes
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 06 Jul 2004 06:43 AM
Hi Jose,
thanks for the XML fragment; now I can reproduce the crash, that is caused
by invoking the min() function on a sequence containing a single item.
A fix for this bug will be available in the next update of Stylus.

Thanks again for the bug report,
Alberto


Postnext
Jose Alberto CoronadoSubject: Re: Studio Studio crashes
Author: Jose Alberto Coronado
Date: 06 Jul 2004 07:37 AM
Thanks for your help Alberto.
Why it doesn't crash with the 'max' function?
How could I do it with this version? (I'm using v5.3)
Do you konw when will the new version be available?

Thanks again.

Posttop
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: Studio Studio crashes
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 06 Jul 2004 08:55 AM
Hi Jose,

At 07.39 06/07/2004 -0400, stylus-studio-xquery Listmanager wrote:
>From: "Jose Alberto Coronado" <i02coroj@hotmail.com>
>
>Thanks for your help Alberto.
>Why it doesn't crash with the 'max' function?

The implementations for the min() and max() functions share almost the same
code, but the bug was in a piece of code only used by min().

>How could I do it with this version? (I'm using v5.3)

You can workaround the bug by making sure that min() is not invoked with
just one argument, like changing

let $mesMin := min($meses)

into

let $mesMin := min(($meses,999))

>Do you konw when will the new version be available?

This is the first bug we found after bl179g was made available, so it's
still too early to guess when bl179h will be out.

Alberto


 
Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Download A Free Trial of Stylus Studio 6 XML Professional Edition Today! Powered by Stylus Studio, the world's leading XML IDE for XML, XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, DTD, XPath, WSDL, XHTML, SQL/XML, and XML Mapping!  
go

Log In Options

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Stylus Scoop XML Newsletter:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2016 All Rights Reserved.