XML Editor
Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search More Options... Options
Chat Rooms Chat Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Postnext
Jim AlbrightSubject: XPath points to wrong location
Author: Jim Albright
Date: 27 Dec 2002 03:44 PM
I have a 13Mb file of TEV Bible. I did an XPath query for //text//list to see all of the lists found within the main text of the Bible. It found the 43 lists okay but somehow the connection between the Query Output and the Text view is broken as I am getting the insertion point located in the Text window two to four lines BEFORE the "list". I redid the query and that makes no change.

The Tree view works great.

The Grid view doesn't seem very helpful. It tends to stop at the first child of the parent of the list. Not what I wanted. Well it sometimes is able to get it right. But mainly it isn't very helpful.

I would suggest coloring/highlighting the source document's element that is selected.

Postnext
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: XPath points to wrong location
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 30 Dec 2002 09:50 AM
Hi Jim,
can you send me the XML file you are using?

Thanks,
Alberto

At 16.01 27/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "Jim Albright"
>
>I have a 13Mb file of TEV Bible. I did an XPath query for //text//list to
>see all of the lists found within the main text of the Bible. It found the
>43 lists okay but somehow the connection between the Query Output and the
>Text view is broken as I am getting the insertion point located in the
>Text window two to four lines BEFORE the "list". I redid the query and
>that makes no change.
>
>The Tree view works great.
>
>The Grid view doesn't seem very helpful. It tends to stop at the first
>child of the parent of the list. Not what I wanted. Well it sometimes is
>able to get it right. But mainly it isn't very helpful.
>
>I would suggest coloring/highlighting the source document's element that
>is selected.
>
>
>
>
>To reply: mailto:stylus-studio-tech.6153@edn.exln.com
>To start a new topic: mailto:stylus-studio-tech@edn.exln.com
>To login: http://edn.exln.com/~SSDN

Postnext
Jim AlbrightSubject: Re: XPath points to wrong location
Author: Jim Albright
Date: 31 Dec 2002 10:26 AM
I am working on changing the file so I can send it to you. It is copyrighted material. My first attempt was to change most of the text() to xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx This came out a couple MB smaller than the original and there is no problem with it. So I am wondering if the problem is a long line or two or three. Do you have a assumed max line length? That may be where we are off.

On 12/30/02 9:50:34 AM, Alberto Massari wrote:
>Hi Jim,
can you send me the XML file you
>are using?

Thanks,
Alberto

At 16.01
>27/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "Jim
>Albright"
>
>
>I have a
>13Mb file of TEV Bible. I did an XPath
>query for //text//list to

Postnext
Jim AlbrightSubject: Re: XPath points to wrong location
Author: Jim Albright
Date: 31 Dec 2002 10:40 AM
I've reloaded the large file and now it doesn't show the problem. This is really a difficult thing to fix. I will see if I can get it to break again and let you know what I did to get it to break.

Postnext
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: XPath points to wrong location
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 31 Dec 2002 11:31 AM
Hi Jim,

At 10.43 31/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "Jim Albright"
>
>I am working on changing the file so I can send it to you. It is
>copyrighted material.

If you prefer, you can send the file to my private e-mail, and I swear I'll
delete it as soon as I am able to reproduce the problem....

>My first attempt was to change most of the text() to xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
>xxxxxxxxxxxx This came out a couple MB smaller than the original and there
>is no problem with it. So I am wondering if the problem is a long line or
>two or three. Do you have a assumed max line length? That may be where we
>are off.

There shouldn't be a problem of line length; I think it's more likely that
you have specific data that doesn't update the line count (e.g. character
entities for carriage return/line feed?)

Alberto

Posttop
Alberto MassariSubject: XPath points to wrong location
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 18 Mar 2003 03:54 AM
This problem should be addressed in 4.6 BL103s, now available from:
http://www.stylusstudio.com/update (4.x section)


Thanks for reporting this issue,
Alberto

 
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Download A Free Trial of Stylus Studio 6 XML Professional Edition Today! Powered by Stylus Studio, the world's leading XML IDE for XML, XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, DTD, XPath, WSDL, XHTML, SQL/XML, and XML Mapping!  
go

Log In Options

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Stylus Scoop XML Newsletter:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2016 All Rights Reserved.