XML Editor
Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search More Options... Options
Chat Rooms Chat Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Postnext
Minollo I.Subject: Re: Promo Version
Author: Minollo I.
Date: 10 Dec 2001 05:38 PM
At 05:41 PM 12/10/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "Gregor Geiermann"
>
>Hello everybody,
>
>i downloaded StyluSudio for educational purposes. My info says i have the=
>Promo Version of Stylus Studio 3.1.
>
>Question: is this version free? Or does it only work for an evaluating= period?

It's a free version.

>Question: has it the full features of StylusStudio?
>
>I´m wondering, for example, why i cannot close the advertising link at= the
>bottom. In general i miss many personalization features and thought it
>might be due to the Promo version.

It is a fully functional version of Stylus Studio, but the advertising pane=
cannot be closed (that's why it's called "promo version").

What are the "many personalization features" you are missing?

Thanks,
Minollo

Postnext
Ivan PedruzziSubject: RE: Promo Version
Author: Ivan Pedruzzi
Date: 11 Dec 2001 10:53 AM

Hi Gregor,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: stylus-studio-faq Listmanager [mailto:listmanager]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 7:35 AM
> To: Recipients of 'stylus-studio-faq' suppressed
> Subject: Re: Promo Version
>
>
> From: "Gregor Geiermann"
>
> On 12/10/01 5:38:11 PM, Carlo Innocenti wrote:
> >what are the "many personalization features" you are
> >missing?
>
> well, first of all i can´t find a document selector. I found
> that very useful with other editors like edit+ or ultraedit
> when working with multiple files.

We have plans to implement a tabbed MDI metaphor for the future, in the
mean while you can use the Window menu.

> i can´t modify the word wrap, enable autoindent for specified
> characters, change the startup directory... those little things...

Word Wrap it is already in our list.
Auto indent for specified characters: interesting !
Change the startup directory: if you refer to the Open/Save dialogs
initial directory, it will be fix in the next update.

Thank You

Ivan Pedruzzi
eXcelon Corporation
http://www.stylusstudio.com


>
> Please don´t get me wrong, i really think that the
> StylusStudio is an excellent tool and offering a PromoVersion
> is fantastic. I just thought that the PromoVersion was a
> StylusStudio light. So for the next version, the features
> mentioned would be on top of my wishlist. And, of course, a
> better documentation. And, could you make the advertising
> frame smaller? Or customizeable?
>
> With best wishes
> Gregor
>
>
>
>
>
>
> To reply: mailto:stylus-studio-faq.4236@edn.exceloncorp.com
> To start a new topic: mailto:stylus-studio-faq@edn.exceloncorp.com
> To login: http://edn.exceloncorp.com/~SSDN
>
>

Postnext
Minollo I.Subject: Re: Promo Version
Author: Minollo I.
Date: 11 Dec 2001 01:30 PM

>...
>And, could you make the advertising frame smaller? Or customizeable?

Well, that would defeat the whole purpose of the advertising frame,
wouldn't it? We are basically giving Stylus Studio away for free; the only
annoyance being the advertising frame... The paying version doesn't feature
any advertising frame...

Anyway, thanks for your feedback; we are working on most the issues you
have mentioned.

Minollo

Postnext
Minollo I.Subject: Re: Promo Version
Author: Minollo I.
Date: 11 Dec 2001 03:24 PM

>...
>I thought that maybe the user could choose where it appears. I always have
>my active working line in the lower third of the window, i would therefore
>prefer to put the advertising frame on top of the toolbars or on the right
>side....

I see; I'm adding this to our PCR list.

Thanks,
Minollo

Postnext
Hans-Peter KüchlerSubject: Re: Promo Version
Author: Hans-Peter Küchler
Date: 13 Dec 2001 11:43 AM
Hallo Herr Geiermann, Ihr Verhalten ist leider typisch deutsch: nichts bezahlen aber alles bekommen wollen. Beschämend!

Sorry for german words directly to Mr. Geiermann.

Hans-Peter Küchler

Postnext
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: Promo Version
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 13 Dec 2001 12:02 PM
At 11:52 AM 12/13/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "Hans-Peter Küchler"
>
>Hallo Herr Geiermann, Ihr Verhalten ist leider typisch deutsch: nichts
>bezahlen aber alles bekommen wollen. Beschämend!
>
>Sorry for german words directly to Mr. Geiermann.

Well, I would say it's not limited to German people... ;-)

Cheers,

Alberto

Postnext
Steve HowieSubject: Re: Promo Version
Author: Steve Howie
Date: 13 Dec 2001 02:52 PM
Actually I'd like to know the same information, since we are also using it in an educational setting - Is the promo version fully functional?

Scotty

Postnext
Ivan PedruzziSubject: RE: Promo Version
Author: Ivan Pedruzzi
Date: 13 Dec 2001 02:57 PM

yes the promo version is fully functional


Ivan Pedruzzi
eXcelon Corporation
http://www.stylusstudio.com



> -----Original Message-----
> From: stylus-studio-faq Listmanager [mailto:listmanager]
> Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 3:01 PM
> To: Recipients of 'stylus-studio-faq' suppressed
> Subject: Re: Promo Version
>
>
> From: "Steve Howie"
>
> Actually I'd like to know the same information, since we are
> also using it in an educational setting - Is the promo
> version fully functional?
>
> Scotty
>
>
>
> To reply: mailto:stylus-studio-faq.4249@edn.exceloncorp.com
> To start a new topic: mailto:stylus-studio-faq@edn.exceloncorp.com
> To login: http://edn.exceloncorp.com/~SSDN
>
>

Posttop
(Deleted User) Subject: RE: Promo Version
Author: (Deleted User)
Date: 13 Dec 2001 03:06 PM
The promo version has even more stuff than retail version. That is the
advertisement bar which won't go away until you pay...:-)

Other than that, they are the same...

Have fun with stylus studio!

Song.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: stylus-studio-faq Listmanager [mailto:listmanager]
> Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 3:01 PM
> To: Recipients of 'stylus-studio-faq' suppressed
> Subject: Re: Promo Version
>
> From: "Steve Howie"
>
> Actually I'd like to know the same information, since we are also
using it
> in an educational setting - Is the promo version fully functional?
>
> Scotty
>
>
>
> To reply: mailto:stylus-studio-faq.4249@edn.exceloncorp.com
> To start a new topic: mailto:stylus-studio-faq@edn.exceloncorp.com
> To login: http://edn.exceloncorp.com/~SSDN

 
Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Download A Free Trial of Stylus Studio 6 XML Professional Edition Today! Powered by Stylus Studio, the world's leading XML IDE for XML, XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, DTD, XPath, WSDL, XHTML, SQL/XML, and XML Mapping!  
go

Log In Options

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Stylus Scoop XML Newsletter:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2016 All Rights Reserved.