Subject:[Customer Toyoto Motors Europe] Stylus Studio convertor 'flat file to xml' fails on 50 lines Author:wout geldhof Date:15 Feb 2011 10:51 AM
At TME, we are using the convertors of Stylus Studio as a service on sonic ESB 7.6.0 and i have been asked to solve a problem in production. I have been able to isolate the problem and to make a reproducable case only with Stylus Studio. This problem should be solved asap as production files are getting corrupted.
conv file created with: Stylus Studio 2007 XML Enterprise Suite
Framework version Build 735e
conv file discribes conversion from flat file to xml based on fixed with length of the lines
conv file works good for one line as well for multiple lines
conv file can be found in the attachments
when a flat file comes in with 50 lines --> 51 'Detail' xml tags are produced where only 50 are expected ... you can see that the last one is messed up and has some partial data of the last line.
Different tests i have done:
* deleted the first line of the flat file, so 49 lines --> results shows 49 'Detail' tags as expected
* copy/paste first line to add one line, so 51 lines --> results shosw 51 'Detail' tags as expected
To avoid any character in another encoding is messing up the convertor:
* changed all content of each line by xxxxx with 49 lines --> results shows 49 'Detail' tags as expected
* changed all content of each line by xxxxx with 51 lines --> results shosw 51 'Detail' tags as expected
* changed all content of each line by xxxxx with 50 lines --> results shosw 51 'Detail' tags as expected
Please keep Marc Faidherbe in the loop, he is the main contact at TME to solve technical issues.
You will find the conv file + all test message & results in the zipfile in attach.
PS. From the moment i am able to copy paste the files to my machine (don't have access to the network for the moment) i will try to reproduce the problem with more recent version of Stylus Studio.