Subject:Validate HEX Author:Jon Gallegos Date:28 Jul 2010 11:57 AM
I am converting a .csv file that has no validation to a .csv file that requires certain rules before it can be loaded.
A couple things that I have to check for is;
- Data with a HEX value of "CC" must be changed to HEX "2D"
- Data with a HEX value of "1F" or lower
- Data with a HEX value of "126" or higher
- Check all fields for a closed bracket and a space ") ". convert that to just a closed bracket ")"
- Delete any occurance where there are more than space top one space
- Delete all tab cheracters HEX "09"
What is the best way to parse through each field to check for these objects?