Subject:Unable to Generate XML file from XSD file Author:Andrew Chau Date:23 Aug 2007 03:59 PM
Currently I am use the stylus Studio 2007 Enterprise Suite R2 Build 894K.
I am try to create a xml file from the XSD file from the stylus, but it give me a error message "XML INSTANCE BUILD FAILD"
The following step is the way I go to generate the xml file.
1. from the Document Wizards I choice "X12 to XML Schema" first to create a XML Schema file. After it generate the XML Schema, I save it to my computer.
2. from the document wizards I choice "XML Schema to XML" and select the XML schema I just create from the step 1. after I check ok to generate the XML file. It will ask me "xml generator created 5000 elements do you want to stop creation process? " I will check "NO" and it will generate the xml file to me. But after a min, it will give me the error message "XML INSTANCE BUILD FAILD".
Subject:Unable to Generate XML file from XSD file Author:Minollo I. Date:23 Aug 2007 04:18 PM
I tried reproducing that behavior with no luck; a few questions:
- What X12 message and version number are you creating an XML Schema for?
- What version and build number of Stylus Studio are you running (Help > About)?
- Does the error message appears after 1 minute the XML document has been displayed in Stylus Studio? No actions on Stylus in that time interval?
Subject:Unable to Generate XML file from XSD file Author:Minollo I. Date:23 Aug 2007 05:15 PM
You are most likely hitting some memory issue; the generated XML instance can be huge for that message and using the default settings.
- Tools > Options > XML Schema Editor > XML Schema to XML
- Set preferred recursion depth to 2
- Repeating elements: preferred=2, max=2
- Don't generate comments
- In choices and substitution groups, only generate the first instance
It takes several seconds on my laptop, but it works fine.
Subject:Unable to Generate XML file from XSD file Author:(Deleted User) Date:12 Jul 2009 07:43 AM Originally Posted: 12 Jul 2009 07:00 AM
I experience the same problems as mentioned in the start of this topic. I am using Stlus Studio Enterprise Suite 2009 build 1292H.
Attached you find the schema concerned. I want to generate an xml file for the topic Item. It needs to be 3 levels deep but to see if I could generate an xml file without getting the message "XML generator created 5000 elements. Do you want to stop creation process?" If I choose no I still don't succeed in getting a complete xml file, cause I get the message "XML instance build failed". If I choose yes I get an xml file which is at least missing the item attributes code an type. If I generate the xml from topic Items (1 level up) I also miss the item attributes if I stop the creation process.
Could you see if you could do it with attached schema?
Subject:Unable to Generate XML file from XSD file Author:(Deleted User) Date:20 Jul 2009 09:05 AM
the schema you are using is describing a structure with a high degree of recursion; even trimming all the possible flags, I ended up generating a sample file of 200 Mb, that the current Stylus isn't designed to handle.
The next major version of Stylus Studio will have a few improvements to be able to finish the schema generation.