Subject:Announcing Stylus Studio 5.0 Beta! Author:Minollo I. Date:05 May 2003 09:28 PM
Stylus Studio Version 5.0 Beta will be available on May 27th.
The Stylus Studio team has been working hard on this release, and we'd like
to invite you to participate in our Beta program. Some of the new features
in this release include:
- Web Service SOAP Composer: Use Stylus Studio to compose and send a
SOAP request without writing any code. With this feature, you can re-use
the SOAP response as an XML document anywhere inside Stylus Studio.
- XQuery mapper: Use Stylus Studio's unique mapper technology to create
XML-to-XML mappings using XQuery. You use the mapper's intuitive
drag-and-drop interface to define the relationships; Stylus Studio writes
- XQuery editor and processor: Version 5.0 boasts an enhanced XQuery
editor and support for the May 2003 W3C XQuery specifications.
- XSLT profiler: The Stylus Studio XSLT profiler provides you with
detailed statistics in a customizable HTML report. The report shows you how
efficiently your XSLT documents are being executed.
- XQuery back-mapping: Stylus Studio's powerful backmapping technology,
already available for XSLT, has been added for XQuery. In addition to
allowing you to backmap from an XQuery result to the line of code that
generated it, you can also backmap to the XML document to which the XSLT or
XQuery was applied.
- Full support for OASIS Schema Catalogs: A great number of schemas come
bundled with the Stylus Studio installation, and we provide another large
repository available from both our web site and through a Catalog wizard
inside the application.
- Support for Custom Wizards: With Version 5.0, you can write and/or
register your own Document Custom Wizards. A new document wizard, XSD from
DTD (Trang) was written using this feature and can serve as a template for
developing other custom document wizards.
- Support for Custom XML Schema validators: Stylus Studio provides
several popular XML Schema validation engines Microsoft MSXML, .Net Parser,
and Apache XercesJ). Now, you can configure Stylus Studio to use any of
these, or you can add your own.
Sound interesting? If you are interested in getting an advance copy to try
during the Stylus Studio Version 5.0 Beta program, send an email to
We're looking forward to hearing from you! After all, it's our users who
help make Stylus Studio what it is, and who can help us define what it will