Subject:xsd:import issue Author:Chris Probert Date:18 Jan 2002 06:27 PM
Hi, I am currently evaluating Stylus Studio with a view to using it for doing XML -> XML mapping, but I will be working solely with XML Schema. I have noticed that the tool does not seem to deal with xsd:import at all, I assume that this is due to the issues with xsd:import in the version of Xerces (1.2.3) you are using (I have already come up against this problem myself).
So my question is twofold:
a) have you come up with any workarounds for this problem?
b) if not, would it be possible to substitute a fixed version of xerces, by replacing the jar file you supply? My question is not whether or not xerces is fixed or not, rather whether the substitution would be viable within your tool?
Subject:Re: xsd:import issue Author:Minollo I. Date:18 Jan 2002 06:39 PM
can you tell us which version/build number of Stylus Studio you are running?
If it is not BL69f or later I would suggest that you upgrade to it (http://www.stylusstudio.com/update) because in that sub-build we switched
to Xerces C++ 1.6 (different version numbering from the Java version, that
we are not using), which fixes many problems in the XML Schema area. We are
aware of remaining problems in the xsd:import area even in the most recent
version of Xercers C++; but I can't tell if they are the same you are
About your specific questions:
a) no; we have just reported the problem to the Xerces group
b) yes, but we are not sure we'll be able to do that before the release of
the next major version which will likely be in March (unless the Xerces
developers to that before we get to it); if we have to fix Xerces, we'll
probably focus more on XML Schema validation against XML Schema, which is
Anyway, let us know about your specific problem; maybe it's different from
the one we are aware of and/or maybe it has already fixed in the most
recent version of Xerces C++.
Subject:xsd:import issue Author:Chris Probert Date:24 Jan 2002 02:16 PM
Thanks for the reply, that answers my question. I can work around it myself, the issue is nothing too complex, just that the schemas I am using are split up into separate files for modularity, and therefore use . So when I try to map to/from them I have to actually resolve the imports myself with a somewhat lo-tech cut-and-paste operation... (BTW, the Xerces confusion came about as I was assuming from the inclusion of the xerces-1.2.3.jar file that you were using xerces-j).