[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: output the result of the transformation twice, in

Subject: Re: output the result of the transformation twice, indented and not indented, without duplicating the code
From: "Wolfhart Totschnig wolfhart.totschnig@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 20:52:19 -0000
Re:  output the result of the transformation twice
Indeed it is ... but what if already you had written a template for the root node? Using <xsl:apply-templates/> as you have above would push the children of the root node and your previously-written template for the root node never would be triggered.

I understand now. Indeed, I already had a template for the root node. I solved this issue by putting that code into a template for the root element (rather than root node).

Graydon's approach saves the time for executing the transformation twice, but with the penalty of internal storage, so youB would have to factor that in to weighing your alternatives.

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

Wolfhart

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.