[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Suggestion for handling an endless loop

Subject: Suggestion for handling an endless loop
From: "Mark Giffin m1879@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 21:06:21 -0000
 Suggestion for handling an endless loop
I'm getting what appears to be an endless loop while running XSLT 2.0. It hangs when transforming a certain XML file, and I can watch the memory consumption rise to as much as 9 GB, and it apparently will never end. I have to force it to stop. When I change it back to XSLT 1.0, it runs fine, and when it hits the same file it hung up on with 2.0, it transforms in a second or two with 1.0. The XSLT does not use any 2.0 capabilities yet. The only change is changing 2.0 to 1.0 in <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0">.

I'm interested in methods to debug something like this. Where to look? I notice Oxygen has an XSLT profiler.

Details:
The XSLT is running under the DITA Open Toolkit version 3.3.2 (late model). I am converting an HTML-based publishing output from a much older version of the DITA OT, 1.8.5 (where the code worked). It looks like the 3.3.2 OT uses Saxon-HE-9.8.0-14.jar.

Thanks,
Mark

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.