[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Saxon for C/PHP/Python/etc

Subject: Saxon for C/PHP/Python/etc
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:50:48 +0100
 Saxon for C/PHP/Python/etc
Dear XSLT community,

I have recently been looking at the possbilities of making XSLT 2.0/3.0 processor available to the C/C++ world.
At present there seems to be a real shortage or a lack of support for anything greater than XSLT 1.0 (i.e libxslt, Xalan, etc).

The benefits are clearly to be seen: having a fullfledged XSLT 2.0 in C would be great for the PHP/Python/Ruby/... communities, who currently rely on libxslt.

So I have been looking at tools that can convert Saxon to native machine code. Namely LLVM and GCJ.

I have had much better success using GCJ given that I managed to compile Saxon-HE to native machine code and actually get it to execute some stylesheets without any problems.
However is GCJ the right technology to use for the task of converting Java code to native machine code, since it is somewhat obsolete?

The LLVM project seems much more active, but I am finding it difficult to get anything working. I have tried the VMKit which relies on LLVM to compile some helloworld examples to machine code, but even that seems cumbersome.

I would be grateful for feedback from anyone with experience of these technologies.

Kind regards,

O'Neil

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.