[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Collation in another language

Subject: Re: Collation in another language
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 09:53:37 -0700
Re:  Collation in another language
Oh my goodness, that was so simple. lang="cs" in the sort statement worked immediately and is so much simpler than trying to write my own collator. I have no idea where that collator came from, but it is there.
Thanks!
Mark

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Kay
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 9:39 AM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Collation in another language

On 05/11/2011 07:18, Mark wrote:
I am not sure if this question belongs here or not, but hope for an answer. I need a collator that puts ch between H and I.

I do not know java, but cobbled together a Czech language collator from notes I found on the web (if there is c java Czech collator already available, I dont know how to find it).

My experiments suggest that in Saxon, specifying lang='cs' on the xsl:sort element has the desired effect. If you need to specify the collation dynamically, or if you are using XQuery, the collation name 'http://saxon.sf.net/collation?lang=cs' has the same effect.

Of course, the languages and collations that are supported will vary
from one XSLT processor to another (and different processors may produce
different output for the same selected language).

Michael Kay
Saxonica

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.