[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: xslt document function - recursive folder processi

Subject: Re: xslt document function - recursive folder processing.
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:27:20 +0200
Re:  xslt document function - recursive folder processi
(a). If I get what you mean, then this would effectively only work
with the parent nodes accessing child parameters; what I want to do
however is to access parent attributes in child nodes.

Maybe I misunderstood you, I looked at your input and guessed another meaning. The above (accessing a parent's node attributes) can be achieved with the expression ../@attributename.

(b). If that is possible, do you suppose it would be feasible to use
this approach for a 3/4-level hierarchy of folders?

Your input example changed the document node and it seemed that you were interested in a node from another than the current document. However, you can pass on as many variables as you like and as deep as you like. Also note, that you pass on a reference to a node, meaning that you can access its whole structure (parents, childrens, siblings) from it.

Is it possible to use the
file://D| syntax with relative path names? It seems not to work and I
was thinking that perhaps I could have been doing something wrong; my
implementation requires the use of relative pathnames --for now.

You can use a relative URI. Just make sure to use forward slashes and not backward slashes, as these are not considered path separators in a URI. So, document('somedoc.xml') works, and document('../somedoc.xml') should work as well. If it doesn't, it is a limitation of your processor.

Kind regards,
Abel Braaksma

------------------------------------------------------------------------ From: Lighton Phiri <lighton.phiri@xxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2011 3:25:40 PM To: xsl-list Cc: Subject: Re: xslt document function - recursive folder processing.

Hi Abel, thank you very much.
<snip />

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.