[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Start another XSLT processor from within an execut

Subject: Re: Start another XSLT processor from within an executing XSLT transform?
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:53:57 +0100
Re:  Start another XSLT processor from within an execut
On 01/10/2010 10:39 AM, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
Hi Folks,

Suppose there is Book.xsl on machine A. I invoke an XSLT processor with Book.xsl and an input XML document. I want to have some code within Book.xsl such that when it is executed it will result in invoking an XSLT processor on machine B with Magazine.xsl and an input XML document. Thus there are two XSLT processors and two XSLT transforms executing simultaneously on two machines.

What code can I insert into Book.xsl to do this?

/Roger

Try setting up an HTTP service on machine 2 that can accept requests to perform XSLT transformations, and then invoking this from your transformation running on machine 1 using the EXPath extensions for issuing HTTP requests.

Or if you want to use pure XSLT, you could package up the transformation request as a URI, for example

http://transform.service.com/?xml=....&xsl=....

and then pass that URI to the document() function, having configured your XSLT processor (eg. by means of a URIResolver) so that it understands what to do with this URI.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.